Connect with me!

Friday, December 3, 2010

New Blog... Or rather, Old Blog, New Face!

I started this blog about a billion years ago, and I'm terrible at keeping up with these things, cuz well, I'm lazy! But I really hope that this time, I can keep with it, as I might just finally have some stuff to contribute. First, a bit of background:

I've been taking pictures as long as I can remember. I was always fascinated with cameras as a child, and in fact, some of my favorite "toys" were old cameras that my Mammaw used to let me play with at her house! As a teen, I had several cameras, ranging from the good ol' 110mm to 35mm- and to be honest, I think I still have a few rolls of film from those days that needs to be developed! (Can you even get 110 developed anymore?!)
Anyway, as soon as digital cameras started making the scene, I had a couple of really crappy cheapo models, that took mediocre (albeit instant) photos, and I was thrilled! These days, I'm working with a Canon Rebel EOS T1i, and I absolutely LOVE it! (Quite a step up from my others! Although, my Kodak EasyShares were both pretty nice, too- especially my second one!)

I started my business in April of 2010, and I haven't looked back. As of now, I am in the process of figuring out the best way to set up a home studio (and where to get the money for all the goodies I keep finding that I want!), so I mainly do on-location shoots. This could be at a client's home (great for Christmas shots!), at a park, in the city, etc. I reside in Louisville, but I travel pretty much anywhere within about a 50 mile radius to do sessions. I think people photograph best when they are comfortable, and in more natural, relaxed settings, so that is what I strive to provide and capture.

I spend a lot of time on the photos in Photoshop to provide my clients not only with photos, but with beautiful works of art to treasure for a lifetime. My prices are reasonable (to be honest, I am probably WAY too low on my prices), but I am really still just getting my toes wet, so it's a fair trade- you get beautiful, inexpensive photos, and I get experience, and lots of advertising material! (With your consent, of course!)

I'm also considering flexing my designing muscles (they've been dormant for way too long!), and creating a line of templates for fellow photographers to utilize in their work as well. That's in the VERY preliminary stages, so keep an eye out!

Anyway, I guess I've rambled on long enough... Thanks for stopping by and getting to know me a bit! (And if you already know me, thanks for taking a few minutes out to read my blog!)

Dana M Lane


P.S. Here's a sample of my first template!

1 comments:

modelle agenzia said...

This is an incredibly smart and well-articulated analysis! I love the article and the points brought up by all the commenter.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management